CONFIRMED MERGE 6.0 COMPATIBLE!
Click here to download MergeMods Beta 1.03 Installer
Check out some layout and table mods that work with MergeMods here.
MergeMods allows you to replace the default Merge table themes and sounds with custom files (comes with Full Tilt sounds and an image file for you to mod). All you have to do is rename the files you want to be added properly, drop them into the included .zip files and start up your Merge client.
1) You need to have MergeKeys installed and set up to recognize tables before MergeMods will work, as MergeMods shares settings with it. You do not need to run MergeKeys for MergeMods to work after that.
2) MergeMods should be run as admin.
3) Find the path to the resources directory in you Merge client folder. You will be prompted for this when you startup MergeMods. Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\RPMPoker\resources
4) MergeMods (FT) should be left open while your lobby is open. If you close it, your Merge software may re-download default files every time Merge is restarted.
5) Merge client must be installed in English at this time.
More detailed step by step instructions:
Do these four steps for MergeMods and MergeKeys (Win7 and Vista) and make sure you get MergeKeys recognizing tables before you try to get MergeMods working:
1) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\RunBetterPoker.com MergeKeys Beta
2) Right click the Mergemods(and MergeKeys) .exe and select Properties
3) Click the Compatibilty tab
4) Under Privilige Level, select Run this program as administrator
MergeMods starts up minimized to tray, as after you get it set up, you shouldn't need to see the interface very often. Click on the icon in your tray and the GUI will pop up.
The modded files are in the Mods directory (created when MergeMods runs for the first time) in the path in step 1 above. You can change card backs, carpets (not on bad beat tables), the button, maybe tables, rails, inner rails. If you want to make single image tables, make all the rails, tables, shadows clear PNGs.
The first time MergeMods runs it downloads a couple files from this website to the Mods directory (includes a few custom carpets and all custom sounds). You can play with those and if you screw up too bad, delete them and they will re-download automatically when you restart MergeMods.
If you want to test before you attempt modding, turn on sounds and images, click Save and Continue, then open your Merge client, open a table and go to custom colors. You should have new sounds on startup. Go to carpets. Numbers 3,4,6 and 7 are custom.
Leave MergeMods on until you close the lobby or your Merge client will re-download un-modded files at startup. This won’t screw up your files in the Mods directory, but it is quite annoying.
If the files weren’t downloaded correctly on startup there will be some issues (you’ll have no sound or no table image if this happens). This is absolutely, positively not permanent. If this happens you can re-download the files from here and move them to the Mods directory:
To modify files, simply open the zip files and replace anything you want with your renamed custom files. Then open your Mergeclient and see if it worked. Like I said above, some things appear not to be moddable (i.e card faces). If you screw anything up too badly, you can redownload the files by either deleting the zip files and restarting MergeMods or downloading them to the Mods directory manually.
Modded carpets should be 1280x915 pixels.
When you turn MergeMods off (or set sound/image mods to off in MergeMods) and restart your Merge client, all themes will revert to their original state.
If you use auto-login, there are issues occasionally, so I suggest turning that off in your Merge client settings.